11 febbraio 2009

MUSICA: Antony and the Johnsons "The Crying Light"



ANTONY AND THE JOHNSONS "The Crying Light"


Un album straziante che descrive il malessere della società moderna. Suoni malinconici che aiutano a riflettere. La sua voce e il suo pianoforte sono i protagonisti di quasi tutte le tracce dell'album.
E' uscito il 20 gennaio il terzo album di Antony Hegarty meglio conosciuto come Antony and the JohnsonS. "The Crying Light" è dedicato alla figura del danzatore e coreografo giapponese Kazuo Ohno (raffigurato sulla copertina dell'album).

 

__TRACKLIST__

1. Her Eyes Are Underneath The Ground
2. Epilepsy Is Dancing
3. One Dove
4. Kiss My Name
5. The Crying Light
6. Another World
7. Daylight In The Sun
8. Aeon
9. Dust And Water
10. Everglade

 

__Traccia HOT__

KISS MY NAME

 

__BIO__



Il particolare timbro vocale ed il vibrato baritonale di Antony ricorda quello di Demis Roussos e Bryan Ferry. 
Diamanda Galás "Every emotion in the planet is in that gorgeous voice" - "Ogni emozione nel pianeta è in quella voce meravigliosa"
La band è essenzialmente incentrata sulla figura del cantante Antony, il cui nome completo è Antony Hegarty. Nato in Inghilterra, a Chichester, West Sussex nel 1971, Antony si trasferì ad Amsterdam nel 1977 per 18 mesi prima di sistemarsi a San José, California nel 1981. Da adolescente fu influenzato dal synth pop britannico - in particolare da cantanti come Marc Almond e Boy George. A quest'ultimo cantante Antony ha dedicato una canzone, "You are my sister" ("Sei la mia sorella") un omaggio che allude scherzosamente alla comune condizione di gay dichiarati (nel gergo gay sia inglese che italiano la parola "sorella" è usato talvolta per indicare scherzosamente un'altra persona omosessuale).
Nel 1990 si traferì a Manhattan, dove fondò il collettivo Blacklips con Johanna Constantine.
Il musicista sperimentale britannico David Tibet dei Current 93 ascoltò un loro demo e si offrì di pubblicare la musica di Antony con la sua etichetta Dutro. L'album di debutto, Antony and the Johnsons fu pubblicato nel 2000. L'anno successivo Antony pubblicò un breve ep, I Fell in Love with a Dead Boy ("Mi sono innamorato di un ragazzo morto"), che, oltre alla title track, conteneva una cover di un brano di David Lynch/Angelo Badalamenti e Soft Black Star, cover dei Current 93.
Il produttore Hal Willner ascoltò l'ep e lo passò a Lou Reed che reclutò Antony per il suo progetto The Raven. Avendo quindi ottenuto una maggiore attenzione, Antony siglò un contratto con l'etichetta americana Secretly Canadian e pubblicò un nuovo ep, The Lake, con Lou Reed ospite in un brano. La Secretly Canadian, inoltre, pubblicò negli Stati Uniti l'album di debutto con una più ampia distribuzione nel 2004.
Il secondo album di Antony, I Am a Bird Now (2005), ha ottenuto recensioni entusiastiche e una maggiore attenzione da parte del panorama mainstream, vincendo un Mercury Music Prize per il miglior album del 2005. I Kaiser Chiefs, favoriti per la vittoria del premio, insinuarono che Antony lo avesse vinto solo per una questione tecnica: infatti, sebbene Antony fosse nato in Gran Bretagna, aveva trascorso gran parte del suo tempo negli Stati Uniti - sebbene, successivamente, si siano scusati per la dichiarazione che non fosse un vincitore meritevole.
Nel 2007 collabora con l'artista Björk nel suo album Volta, duettando con lei nei brani "The Dull Flame of Desire" e "My Juvenile"; partecipa inoltre ad alcune date del Volta Tour della cantante islandese come ospite nell'esecuzione di The Dull Flame Of Desire. Nello stesso anno prende parte al progetto disco-revival di Andrew Butler Hercules and Love Affair scrivendo, componendo e interpretando 5 canzoni dell'omonimo disco di debutto, tra le quali il primo singolo Blind che guadagna presto successo di critica e pubblico.


 

__VIDEO__

Her Eyes Are Underneath The Ground



Epilepsy Is Dancing



Kiss My Name (versione live)



Another World




 

__PERLA__

La canzone di Bob Dylan "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" rifatta da Antony & The Johnsons tratta dalla colonna sonora del film "I'm Not There".




 

__TOUR__

MARZO

28 Ancona - Teatro delle Muse @ 9pm (info: 071 203045)

29 Roma - Auditorium il Parco della Musica @ 9pm (info: www.listicket.it)

31 Prato - Teatro Politeama Pratese @ 9pm (info: 0574 603758)

APRILE

1 Milano - Sala Verdi Conservatorio @ 9pm (SOLD OUT)

 


__DISCOGRAFIA__

2000 ANTONY AND THE JOHNSONS
2005 I AM A BIRD NOW
2009 THE CRYING LIGHT

 


__LYRICS__

"Her Eyes Are Underneath The Ground"

Her eyes are underneath the ground
I have heard the crying sound
No one can stop you now
No one can stop you now
Her eyes are basking in the sun
No one knows why she did the things she’s done
Ocean, swallow me now
Ocean, swallow me now
In the garden, with my mother
I stole a flower
With my mother, in her power
I stole a flower
I saw six eyes glistening in my womb
I felt you calling me in the gloom
Rest assured your love is pure
Rest assured your love is pure
In the garden, with my mother
I stole a flower
With my mother, in her power
I chose a flower


"Epilepsy Is Dancing"

Epilepsy is dancing
She’s the Christ now departing
And I’m finding my rhythm
As I twist in the snow
All the metal burned in me
Down the brain of my river
That fire was searching
For a waterway home
I cry “glitter is love!”
My eyes pinned inside
With green jewels
Hanging like Christmas stars
From a golden vein
As I came to a screaming
Hold me while I’m dreaming
For my fingers are curling
And I cannot breathe
Then I cried in the kitchen
How I’d seen your ghost witching
As a soldering blue line
Between my eyes
I cry “glitter is love!”
My eyes
Pinned inside
Sea green jewels
Hanging like Christmas stars
From a golden vein
Cut me in quadrants
Leave me in the corner
Oh now it’s passing
Oh now I’m dancing


"One Dove"

One dove
You’re the one I’ve been waiting for
Through the dark fall
The nightmares the lonely nights
I was born
A curling fox in a hole
Hiding from danger
Scared to be alone
One dove
To bring me some peace
In starlight you came from the other side
To offer me mercy
One dove
I’m the one you’ve been waiting for
From your skin I am born again
I wasn’t born yesterday
You were old and hurt
I was longing to be free
I see things you were too tired
That you were too scared to see
One dove
To bring me some peace
In starlight you came from the other side
To offer me mercy



"Kiss My Name"

Kiss my name
Mama in the afterglow
When the grass is green with grow
And my tears have turned to snow
I’m only a child
Born upon a grave
Dancing through the stations
Calling out my name
Oh mama kiss my name
I am trying to be sane
I’m trying to kiss my friends
And when broken, make amends
Kiss my name, the curtains white
The turtle doves embroider light
As I lie, murdered in ground
The rain compacting sodden sound
Of songs I sang the years before
When it was time to rain
Upon the coal that I became



"The Crying Light"

Let I
Shy cry
Under the light
Let I
Cry sight
A child at night
I can
Have courage
To receive your love
I can
Step steps
Follow my blind
Inside
My self
The secret grows
My own
Shelter
Agony goes
I was born to adore you
As a baby in the blind
I was born to represent you
To carry your head into the sun
To carve you face into the back of the sun



"Daylight In The Sun"

There was no light
Only the white night
First born when the sun
Screamed her eyes open
Daylight in the fields
Daylight mountains
Fire kisses the floor
Of the lakes and makes shadows
Now I cry for daylight
Daylight and the sun
Now I cry for daylight
Daylight everyone
Daylight in my heart
Daylight in the trees
Daylight kissing everything
She can see
Ooh your dream
Here on the water
Warm the sand
The seagulls calling
Kissed by kindness
You gave me this
Your fire becomes a kiss



"Aeon"

Oh aeon
My baby boy
Oh aeon will take care of me
All the stars, your eyes
Raining just for me
Oh aeon will set me free
Oh aeon
My baby boy
Oh aeon will repair me
Oh his heart enjoyed
Restores eyes alloyed
Carry me through the olden void
Oh aeon
His arms are warm
Oh aeon was never born
Aeon’s eyes forlorn
He contains the storm
He’s the pasture of my dawn
Oh aeon
My baby boy
Oh aeon will take care of me
Hold my father
For it is myself
Without him I wouldn’t exist
Oh aeon
Love my father
For my father is myself
Hold that man
In your tender clutch
Hold that man I love so much



"Dust And Water"

Oh I love the coal
I love the way you’re waiting
I love your kind patience
I told you this day would come
Did you think I’d leave you here
Forever
How long can dust wait
Ask the moon
But ask him soon


"Everglade"

When I’m floating in the water
And your eyes are lilies all around
When I’m lying sweetly in my bed
The sun plays crystal with my eyes
Then I stop
My body stops crying for home
My limbs stop weeping for home
When I’m peeping in a parlour of trees
And the leaves are winking all around
“I’m home,” my heart sobs in my veins
But brains they play the softest games
Fingers kiss the string
Mouth taste the blade
Of everglade



"Another World"

I need another place
Will there be peace
I need another world
This one’s nearly gone
Still have too many dreams
Never seen the light
I need another world
A place where I can go
I’m gonna miss the sea
I’m gonna miss the snow
I’m gonna miss the bees
I’ll miss the things that grow
I’m gonna miss the trees
I’m gonna miss the sun
I’ll miss the animals
Gonna miss you all
I need another place
Will there be peace
I need another world
This ones nearly gone
I’m gonna miss the birds
Singing all their songs
I’m gonna miss the wind
Been kissing me so long
Another world
Another world
Another world



0 commenti: